Friday, August 10, 2007

Helping Kids Prepare For The Farmers Market...

Bethany and Elijah are going to the Provo Farmers Market with my sister Carrie to sell their wares tomorrow. Eli is selling 2 cabbages, and Mardi Gras beads. Bethany is selling strawberry pin cushions, and 3 pillow cases. We also have 2 1/2 dozen eggs for sell at $3/dozen. I hope it goes well for them. I'm not sure about Mattia. I will take her later and she can see if this is something she wants to try later.

We picked up our laminator machine in SLC today, it has cost us $600 to repair. I think we will sell it on EBAY for about $1,500. I'm going to use it first and see if I want to keep it.

I felt some anxiety today. What was it? I felt something... what....somehow it was like I felt heavy for not getting more done educationally with the kids. We listened to Little Women, and I talked to Eli about our epiphany chairs in my bedroom and how seating in these chairs can help open our minds to new insights while reading, thinking, writing, or drawing, and even listening to music. Eli was drawing as I told him. He said he had an epiphany to end one of his characters in his current comic.

I walked with my sister the past 2 mornings and I am so tired by 5:30pm. This is frustrating. I'm sure my diet has something to do with it. I did soak brown rice for dinner and had fresh veggies from the garden, and chicken. I think I need a little more sleep before getting up but it is nice to exercise and get breakfast going before 7am. I have whole wheat flour and spelt soaking for pancakes in buttermilk tonight.

I have this great new Timetable of History and I was reading to Gove tonight from 1790-1836 looking for info on French activities. it is amazing that Napoleon took 550,000 men into battle about 1812 against Russia. He came back with 20,000 surviving. That sounds like the beginning of his down fall but I don't knew that for certain. I was annoyed with Marius and his sever daydreaming for Cosette and his lack of work. Now Cosette is behaving the same.

'...he had stopped his work, and nothing is more dangerous than discontinued labor; it is habit lost. A habit easy to abandon, difficult to resume.'
pg 861 Les Mis




No comments: