Thursday, August 30, 2007

We Did 1,440...

I tell you, I am feeling so swell about being a mom again. I told my kids just this morning that I feel they are loving me and I am feeling greater love for them. They agreed that things are much better.

We are listening to Gene Stratton Porter's The Harvester. It's just so beautifully innocent. My son is enjoying David Langston and the type of male role character being taught through the story. I'm enjoying the pictures of all the plants and the identification and use of the plants in the Limberlost. I will take my children there in the next 2 years.

We use to do service every Thursday at the Bishop's Store House and then in February I let it go to the way side. Well we went back today and WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT IN MY CHILDREN! In 2.5 hours minus 30ish minutes for lunch, we packed 1, 440 rolls of toilet paper and my kids and I had a great time! My youngest did not complain she did a great job packing and we all just went so smoothly. I heard one of the directors say that we had almost finished a whole pallet in 1.5 hours. By the time lunch was ready we had just 8 boxes left. We felt good about our job and we came up with a Motto for the family

"We Allen's Get The Job Done"

Eli is now ready for his first Webelo meeting and I am going to scan some lessons for the next 4 months.

I am so thankful to know of my Heavenly Father and his son who is my Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus the Christ. This is such a fantastic feeling in my heart right now. I think by being hopeful and remembering what Jesus said of Mary, I will continue to improve, heal, and become a refined daughter of God. Oh, Jesus said that 'Mary did what she could', and I am doing what I can and that is hopeful to me and is truly giving me the sense of security not stress.

God bless each of us.

No comments: