Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chicken Feathers...

This afternoon I and the girls went to gather eggs from the chickens. I think the change in the hours of light is already affecting the hens. 6 eggs for the past 2 days. Normally we average 9/day.
I decided to cut the feathers off for each hen so that I can let them out in the yard and hopefully keep them from flying in to Betty's yard. It is strange to hear the sound then the scissors cut into the wing. I guess it's a snapping sound. It did not seem that it hurt the hens at all. Still I felt pain for them.
The good news is that the hens stayed in the general area of the hen coop. I also mowed the lawn along the canal and that maybe why they stated so close because of all the bugs this provided them. I was able to weed 2 of the 6 rock gardens this afternoon and meet the Sears repair man on time too.

Listen to this. The Sears guy said that on the east side of the Mississippi you can use gel dishwasher soap and you don't get a gel coating on the dishes. But out west gel is terrible and I can testify of the terrible build up on everything in our stainless steel washer, including the stainless steel. Solution? He said to use 1/4 cup vegetable oil and send it through a wash cycle alone to remove the gel buildup. then every month use the white vinegar about 1/2 cup. So I guess I will try the vegetable oil tomorrow morning and see how the washer looks after that. Oh, he also said that he uses the same square soap block things that you just drop in as well. I don't remember the name but it has a little ball of jet dry build into the block of soap.

Interestingly, my son Elijah has been calling me Marme for the past 3 days. I have not asked him why because I fear he would stop. But it seems like a compliment to me, and my desire to show an improvement in my behavior and attitude as a mom. I really enjoying being with my kids 24 hours a day is now paying off and not just for him but for me I feel my testimony strengthen for motherhood. It's nice.

I have not progressed in a decision for Hebrew lessons that I and Beth can do. My tongue is like a bowling ball when it comes to flexibility. I can't put this off as she feels the desire right now.

Time to look on the web.

Thanks,

Nickie

No comments: