Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Love For Learning At 10 O'clock At Night!

We just finished reading John Holt's How Children Learn. I am so glad to have learned this book. And not only did we finish it, we finished it in the kids room because Eli wanted to listen while he wrote his second letter of the day to one of his cousins. Can you believe it? I can. I am seeing confidence in all of our children today. I feel it's a combination of holding the weekly Family Executive Counsel, the weekly Interviews and just sharing with the kids about personal missions, and purposes that we all have and can be guided by the Holy Ghost to learn our vocations and not just occupations.

My eyes are blessed this day to see this love for learning occur in our home. It makes me feel secure.

Good night.

P.S.
Carrie and I hosted a wickless candle party and it was fun. I have never hosted or been to any in home parties for anything. Beth sold a pillowcase, and we gave 2 dozen eggs away. Gove took the kids swimming. He and Eli jumped off the diving platform. I am so glad I wasn't there to witness their suicides. I'm glad they were safe afterwards. I love them to much.

No comments: