Sunday, October 21, 2007

Because I Love Him...

This Friday, my husband will celebrate his 39th birthday. I have decided to post a daily message that expresses why I not only love Gove but really like him as a sort of birthday gift.

Let me start with the reason I married him. When I was 27 I was bugging God by often asking when I would find my right man. During one of my nagging prayers it was brought into my mind that my husband would come when I turned 30. I was so sure of this feeling that I did not doubt it again. Less then 1 month before my 30th birthday Gove asked me on a date.
One of the reasons why I like my husband so much is because of his kindness to me. On that first date we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory in SLC and then he took me on a carriage ride. While on the ride Gove told me the funniest story about an alligator wrestler who finally quites while he's a head. What a silly story but I didn't hold it against him.
Here is my point. That night I went home and said my bed time prayer. I thanked my Heavenly Father for this nice man who took me on a date. And as I said this, I was over come with the most incredible warmth in my chest I had ever experienced. I knew at this very moment this was the man God had planned for me to marry. I did not love him but I said yes to my Father. For 12 years and 5 months I have expressed my thanks to my Father in prayer or in my heart for the day He brought us together. Never a regret. I like my husband just as he is. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I am frustrated but that's because of my own unmeant expectations or lack of communication. When ever we are apart I can't wait to be together again. I feel so protected and safe with my 6'6" husband near by. He is the man for time and all eternity.

Thank you Gove, I love you.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

I love it!! I can't wait to read about Gove all week. And I loved your Sabbath day post too. You always write such interesting things and I love having such a personal glimpse into your days.