Monday, October 29, 2007

Who Are Your Heroes?

Hero:
noun: the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
noun: a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength
noun: someone who fights for a cause
Last but not Lest: noun: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States

Last Sunday, as in 2 Sundays ago I was wondering who my heroes are and decided to post the results 1 week later. Sorry to be so late. Before I say some of my heroes because it's not a complete list. I am sure it will grow as I ponder and learn more.

However, I want to mention that I am now using the CPAP machine. It's been one week. I am adjusting to the head harness and facial/nasal mask and I think I am sleeping a little better although I continue to awake tired in the morning I am able to make it through the day with out feeling tired for the past three days. I am feeling hopeful that I might have the positive results of others in 3-4 weeks. What I really hope for is to awake feeling refreshed. I can only imagine the feeling.

Now, back to my growing list of heroes. And let me clarify that I am not including everyone right now....
1. The Apostle Paul: He immediately changed and served faithfully.
2. Lucy Mack Smith: mother of Joseph. Small in stature, I think of her as a great force to inspire her son, believe in her son and follow the Lord.
3. Joseph Smith: faith, courage, forgiveness, love, friend.
4.Eli Widger: my 5th great grandfather who served twice in the Revolutionary War.
5.King Benjamin, his son Mosiah, and Alma the Younger: They each gave me courage to over come the chains of my personal bondage.
6. Joan of Arc: amazing young lady who accepted her mission.
7. Abraham and Sarah Clark: understand the cost of public virtue and were willing to pay.

No comments: