Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

To avoid blogging on the first day of the first month of a new year is kind of like not bearing my testimony on the first Sunday of the first month of the new year. If I don't accomplish the important action on the given day, it might become an omen of negativity to come. Thus I blog.

Honestly, it is a happy new year for me, no regrets for last year, looking forward to a new year of learning and working with my family and some good quality camping in the summer.
There is snow covering the mountains to the east of me and snow to the west, north, and south. I can see little bird prints in the snow off my bedroom deck. I imagine I will be the first person to check on the chickens today and see to their comforts. I will be the first to play with my children and maybe the first to read to them, sing to them, tickle them, laugh with them. I know what I'll do, I'll be the first to make breakfast for the family today!

Happy First Things Today!

No comments: