Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here I am...

What have I been doing? Why does every day speed by me? Yesterday I realized that I would probably not get to podcasting until later. How later? I just don't know. I wonder how much more I could do for myself if I gave up homeschooling and sent the kids away for 6 hours. Face it Nickie, your a wimp. I like having our kids with me and more importantly if they were not here I might resort back to my former desires for a perfectly cleaned home. I just don't want to do that anymore. The reality is that some things go to the back burner for now at lest.

Yesterday I was trying to hold a non-love of learning with the kids. I thought it was time for them to take some spelling tests. I know.... So instead all three were having a love of tracing animal pictures onto parchment paper. Bethany realized you don't have to trace every line and yet the end result is just a beautiful.
A local artist once told Eli that his line quality is exceptional. I was so surprised because he was tracing and I always thought that was cheating. But she said, "no lines matter". The kids told me last night what they are planning for this morning. "We are going to color our tracings!" I'm going to read stories surrounding the French and Indian War.

Hey, I'm 43 now. My friend Rebecca from Knights of Freedom was surprised. She said I look like I'm in my 30's. I suppose I look "39" and holding? Holly and her children were up visiting from San Diego, so Gove and I took advantage and we left for a nice birthday. Except is was snowing and very cold last Wednesday. We went to a local restaurant that was not here 13 years ago but is part of a chain. We had our first date together at the Old Spaghetti Factory in SLC. We both love mizithra cheese.

I was determined to have a nice Valentines with my family. I and the kids celebrated by taking unmade items to Gove at his office. Mattia choose a large decorated heart cookie with "We love our dad". Eli choose several balloons. And Bethany bought a potted Mum because if it survives we can plant it in the spring. Daddy was very surprised. He actually came home with us and we took the kids out for lunch thanks to a gift card from my brother. Thanks Eric!

Good news for Mattia. She is going to have her tonsils and adnoids removed in 2ish weeks. We are hopeful that she will stop snoring, sleep sounder and wake up feeling rested. She talks nasally so the removal of the adnoids may help with her speech as well. I trully hope she feels better once she recovers.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

I'm didn't know you had a birthday--Happy Birthday! I always get the mizithra cheese too.