Sunday, February 24, 2008

Learning With DVD's

The Teaching Company hires the best professors to discuss and present subjects in all areas of education. Gove has been reviewing and learning new concepts of Calculus. We are both learning about The Great Debate: The Opponents and Proponents of the Constitution. We thought this might be helpful as we study the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers. The verdict is that this is really helpful to understanding both sides and the feeling of mistrust at the time.

I think I will order the dvd for the Masterpieces of the Louvre. It's on sale for a great price.
If your interested in the Teaching Company as a way to supplement your own education here is the link: http://www.teach12.com/teach12.asp

1 comment:

Doug van Orsow said...

I think the Teaching Company seems ideal for homeschooling, yet some are more appropriate than others.

You might find my Teaching Company user forum helpful, where I review all lectures from the newest courses:

http://teachingcompany.12.forumer.com

I hope you enjoy it,

Doug van Orsow