Sunday, February 3, 2008

Saturday Was A Special Day...

Yesterday morning we drove to Idaho Falls for cousin Peter's baptism. Peter is Jeremy's son, and Jeremy is Gove's younger brother who died about 4 years ago. We made it to the chapel four minutes before the ceremony started. Gove was asked to confirm Peter. The confirmation was especially meaningful for Gove as he felt strongly the presence of both his brothers, Jeremy and Peter. Whenever Gove cries, I start to cry too. We are happy to have made the drive even if it was a mere 5 hours of visiting. My daughters love to play with cousins who love horses just like they do.Our truck started acting up. Gove had changed the fuel filter Friday night. He changed it again out side of Idaho Falls but still the jerking continues. We faithfully said a prayer, the truck jerked 2 more times and stopped until we made it to SLC. Although is sputtered more, we were able to make it home by 9pm. A blessing received and most thankfully appreciated.
We have sick children this morning and decided to attend Sacrament meeting and return home. I am grateful to have been at church. Both Gove and I felt reasons to bear our testimonies. I have been planning since hearing a talk last week about taking the time to be with Jesus during the passing of the sacrament. I tried very hard to just think of Jesus and to be aware of how this was making me feel. I was humbled to see my weakness at taking upon me the name of Christ each week. Last week I was feeling stressed and invaded within my territory. I am most thankful to have these feeling passed me now. Yet, I complained to some women during HFPE meeting and I felt compelled to repent during my testimony. I seem to hold on to the carnal man when I really want to soar with the angels or at lest act like an angel if I can't be one. This thought leads me to feel greater indebtedness to Christ for his Atonement and the opportunity for repentance.

A new week for learning begins...

No comments: