Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where Is Spring?


It's snowing, or rather it snowed about 2 inches during the night. There is a heavy mist in the are and at 5:30 in the morning I can't see if it's still snowing. Oh, fine, let it snow! I am thankful to have all this water coming to the area.
Yesterday, our neighbor up the hill from us said Provo Lake is six inches from full and are draining into other reservoirs in anticipation of the winter melt off.

We survived our three days with 5 additional children. It was actually fun. Elijah misses his pretend brothers and I miss the two littlest. Mattia bonded quickly with Julie Ann and with some time Bethany opened up and found she had a girl friend who also likes to take electrical equipment apart. We took all the kids to the Home and Garden Show Friday evening. Free candy, popcorn, and ice cream. And then they found the Jumping Jacks company with an inflatable castle to jump and slide down. I think the evening was a dream come true for all the kids. It was so nice to send our children to work Saturday morning and have 5 additional hands to help. Things can get done a lot faster and with happier attitudes.

It's Sunday, I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love going to church. I love that I am attending the temple on an increased regularity. I love reading the scriptures and having my favorite sections that help lift me up and carry me through my difficulties.
This is why I got up early. I love my Lord and my Redeemer. I didn't want to stay in bed any longer. Here I am, excited that Tuesday is just two days away and I can go to the temple again. Here I am, excited to go to church to partake of the sacrament, and hear the testimonies that others will share of their faith and belief in Jesus Christ. I'm going to fill my spiritual tank to maximum capacity this morning.

It's simply beautiful.

No comments: