Thursday, May 8, 2008

Elocution...

Tomorrow evening and Saturday, I am attending Martha Levie's Elocution 360 seminar. I memorized a poem by Mr. Babcock entitled "Be Strong" and John 20:10-12 (assigned). I don't really know why I chose this poem. It just seems worthwhile and not to mention poor Rev. Babcock died on his way to Jerusalem, so I felt like sharing his poem.

Be strong!
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift;
We have hard work to do, and loads to lift;
Shun not the struggle -- face it; 'tis God's gift.

Be strong!
Say not,"The days are evil. Who's to blame?"
And fold the hands and acquiesce -- oh shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's name.

Be strong!
It matters not how deep intrenched the wrong,
How hard the battle goes, the day how long;
Faint not -- fight on! Tomorrow comes the song!

2 comments:

mindy said...

that's a great poem!

Nickie said...

Thank you Mindy. It turned out to me much more to me.