Sunday, June 8, 2008

Twenty Years Ago...


I was in the United States Army working as a Medic. I was rather buff then. I once ran in a 10K race somewhere in Germany and took 8th place. Mind you I didn't realize there were places awarded. I was just out for a jog.

Twenty years ago I was pretty good at roller skating. I actually wanted to be a roller derby girl.

Twenty years ago I was eighty pounds slimmer. Let's not talk about this right now...

Yesterday evening I decided to show Beth how to really roller skate. After all I was quite good at turning and using my brakes twenty years ago.

Oh My! What a change in 7,300+ days! I could barely balance, and once I did I thought I'd showoff with the brakes on the skates, when all of a sudden out went my feet and I was flat on my back. I stated to laugh and was reminded of Brother Bear and Father Bear in one of the books where Pa Bear is showing Brother what to do but always did it wrong.

Thank goodness for helmets.

Twenty years, what a change...

1 comment:

Hammy said...

That takes some serious bravery to even put on roller skates. I haven't done it in at least 10 years.