Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How Much Smell Is Too Much...


We went camping this week at Duck Creek above Cedar City.
It was fresh air and blue skies.
I did not take a shower for four days. I would have taken one but there wasn't a facility. That means no one took a bath. We sweated everyday. The ground is a powdery red dirt, so it's all over your body. The soot gets on your hands when you touch the cast iron dutch ovens. You sit and breath the dirt. All in all we had a lovely time.

There was a plethora of signing birds. And they started every morning at 4am. I would awake and lay there trying to pick out all the different calls. It was to much to sort, or recognize.

The cousins from California arrived Monday afternoon. The kids loved the dirt. They loved being together.

We did not see much wild life however. There were the ever present chipmunks, though they were quiet shy. One Horny Toad was caught and released. A number of humming birds zipped bye but much to fast to get a good look.

All the cousins climbed in and out of Mammoth Cave and thought it great to discover ice melting deep in the cave. Personally I did not want to go again as I got slightly paniced the first time. I cared for the baby instead.

Amazingly, I was able to read from the 5,000 Year Leap and listen to a one hour lesson for The Miracle of America each day.

My question for you is this: How long can you stand the smell of your spouse and children?

No comments: