Saturday, July 26, 2008

Seeds, Saplings, and Trees...

I refer to Alma chapter 32, verses 28-43 in my attempt to explain the exciting feelings I have been having while reading the 5000 Year Leap.

This is incredible! I encourage everyone (that's you) to read this book. Somewhere, after the 20th principle, I started to catch the excitement for these teachings. I was enjoying what I was learning up until then, but something happened to me. I feel/believe that I can do something to change the 17th Amendment. Isn't that crazy! Yet I feel I have a part to play in my nations history. The nation may never hear of me, but so what. If these feelings for gaining understanding of our Constitution and laws governing man is where I need to go because I feel prompted by God then so be it.

It's euphoric and hopeful that positive changes, and a return to social manners, virtues, and morals can regain the upper hand in America. Well, I can be optimistic right now any how.
I have a flutter in my chest just thinking about this. I am sorry to be so inadequate with our English language. It is my hope to improve over time.

Back to the point. This morning I awoke at 5am and felt I should read in preparation for Sunday School. I started with Alma 32 and found the neatest experience. I realized that the reading I am doing in order to be ready for this Fall's government class, is the planting of a seed. This seed has started to swell in my breast and represents to me a sign of truth from God. As I read on, I came to see that my mind, (the earth so to speak) is malnourished. I will improve the growth of this seed into a sapling and then a tree as I seek understanding and eventually wisdom.

John Adams calls politics a "divine science" not to be taken lightly but with years of study of the teachings of such people as Blackstone, Locke, Hume, Cicero, and many more I don't even know the names of.

I have been given words of truth, or that are true for me. I'm sure they would be true for you if you sought to know. If I will nourish these thoughts with study, group discussions, writing, and even by faith, diligence, patience, and prayer. I know the time will come when I might bless others with courage to stand up for founding truths that allowed America to be created under the hand of God.

These thoughts bring tears to my eyes. I now feel that one person such as myself, can make a difference. And with the same breath, I hear in my mind, "but can you Nickie?" I hope I can.

My first step is education. The Founding Father's wanted a general basic education offered to all Americans so that each citizen in turn could go forth with self-education. In 1831 when Alexis de Tocqueville came to America, he was surprised that everyone with or without a Harvard degree could discuss government, the Constitution and many subjects at equal levels. I hope I can make it to such a level before I die.

I am further making this effort so that I can teach my children that which they will never learn in the "public school" system. They may get an overview of the Founding and the Constitution but I don't believe they will get and in-depth view with the hand of God involved and the belief of " Manifest Destiny".

Ezra Taft Benson said in his writings that some people think they don't need to do anything to defend the Constitution until someone calls them to do so. President Benson said that's the wrong attitude to have. He said there may not be any grand call to arms because it will divide the people.

If I don't study and gain the learning, who will? We can't leave learning for someone else to do.
I don't know how much has been taken from us the people, and given to the federal government against the articles of the Constitution.

But not forever...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Nickie,
I found your blog while doing a search on TJ Ed. I just wanted to let you know I enjoy your posts and I have been especially inspired by your posts on the 5000 year leap. So inspired that while I was at the 2nd Face to Face seminar here in Alaska this weekend I purchased a copy of the book. I was so excited to read it after reading your posts that I started reading it on the way home. Keep posting and inspiring others to greatness.
Thanks,
Kim

Nickie said...

Oh Kim,

Thank you for your inspiring encouragement! I loved the 2nd FTF! I went to the the first revamped one in Ut. Did Dr. DeMille come to Alaska?
Enjoy the teachings that guided our Founding Fathers and can help us again.
I and my husband are reading John Taylor Gatto's, The Underground History of American Education. It's sickening to realize the ulterior motives for public education. We have seen Gatto quote the ideas and principles that Skousen wrote in 1981.
Gatto's book is free on the web now.

Good luck. I know God will bless you and your family. Just keep trying. One person can start a positive change.

-Nickie

Kim said...

Nickie,
I loved the 2 FTF seminar too. Dr. DeMille did come and present the seminar. He wasn't feeling well, but we were so luckey to have him. It was so inspiring to hear him speak. My husband got to come with me this time which was great. We had tried to do FEC in the past, but my husband didn't see the need for it like I did. I think going to this seminar really helped him to see the need for 6 month inventories and FEC. I am so excited to have him on board now. I will be blogging about FTF on my TJ Ed blog at
www.2momsandtjed.blogspot.com.
I haven't read Gatto's Underground History, I will have to look it up online. We are reading Dumbing us Down for our TJ Ed book club this fall.
Thanks for responding.
Kim