Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Passed...

I received a green light today for my admittance to George Wythe College. I appreciate that this college requires an applicant to write an essay why he or she wants to attend and submit a creative sample. I next need to evaluate my previous credits and see how they will fit into the program at GWC.

Today I finished reading the August Ensign. In this months magazine, there is an article about dressing modestly for both females as well as males. I finished this article while waiting at Provo High School while the girls took swim lessons. Out comes the PHS football team with no shirts on, many with shorts hanging from their hip bones. Do these boys consider modesty at all? But worse then the lack of clothing was the use of filthy language. I was completly disgusted. Such language left these boys looking crude and weak.

2 comments:

Jorgensens said...

Congratulations! You're doing a wonderful job of being a good example for your children by improving yourself. I hope your time with George Wythe college is very uplifting for all of you.

As for modesty, wasn't that an interesting message? I enjoyed it, but certainly have some repenting to do for sometimes having wrinkly clothes... I think I'm going to have to take ironing lessons!

Hope you're all having a great day!
See you tonight.

Cherie

Kim said...

Nickie,
I just noticed you added our 2moms blog to your friends list. Thanks so much. It was exciting to see it listed.
Thanks,
Kim