Saturday, August 16, 2008

Small Stuff...

Gove made and I and the girls sold 18 loaves of whole wheat bread at the Farmer's Market today. My basil is a big seller. Next year I will grow a whole 4x4 square foot section just for this herb. I did not think that my Chard would sell. I was wrong. I figured the yellow squash would sell slowly as many vendors carried it. I was able to sell everything I had.

I continue to prepare for my first college coarse in 13 years. We were assigned to read Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, a couple chapter of 1Samule and 2Kings, as well as an address by Governor John Winthrop called A Model of Christian Charity.

I now have 111 people who have accepted the invitation for the forth coming homeschool picnic.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Wow! Great job on the Farmer's Market sales! That's really awesome. And we loooove basil! We'll have to grow some next year, too. Maybe you can give us your secrets. :o)