Saturday, August 9, 2008

We come, we go...

Alright, I think you can tell from my post that I'm behind in understanding at times. O.k. it's more like almost all the time. Anyway that's not the point. Or maybe it is.

I was actually reading the Wall Street Journal that was left in our driveway yesterday and this morning. Twice I have come across Alexander Solzhenitsyn. I was so surprised to see a name and read the article in Fridays paper. It sounded a little post tense but I didn't catch it until this afternoon while going through today's paper.

I'm sorry he died. Yet I'm happy to read something in the W.S.J. that I know a little about. I did read Solzhenitsyn's Harvard address from the 70's last December for one of our colloquiums. I though he was right about the gangs, drugs, and music.

I don't know what my point is. It's just neat to be learning and then to understand what the WSJ is talking about.

Thanks for the free papers. Keep it coming, if you don't mind.

No comments: