A Free people Will Not Survive Unless They Stay Strong.
'Peace, Commerce, and Honest friendship with All Nations-Entangling Alliances with None."
George Washington warned that giving favored status to particular nations could open the U.S. to strong foreign influence which could subvert the security or best interest of America. He goes on to say that experience has proved that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government.
There was a time in our great history while Americans still felt strongly for "Manifest destiny". These American people felt the responsibility of serving as the vanguard for the moral and political emancipation of all mankind. Let us not forget that slavery was supposed to end in 1808 I think it was, but other issues came in the way again.
Congressman Charles Lindbergh Sr., the father of the first Atlantic flight aviator gives serious warning of the mistake America took getting caught up in "Internationalism". he was speaking of WWI. Get the book and read it. Also, read the comments of then Under-Secretary of State, J. Reuben Clark Jr. It's appalling to think there are and have been citizens who desire war and want our country involved in the crises of other nations.
The Core Unit Which Determines the Strength of Any Society is the Family; Therefore, the Government Should Foster and Protect It's Integrity.
Single parent families have triples since 1960. The rate of people getting married since 1960- 1991 has lowered by 25 percent. In 1991 there were 21 divorces for every 1,000 married women. From 1960 to 1992 crimes increased more then 300 percent.
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among teenagers.
While expenditures on elementary and secondary education have increased 200+ percent since 1960, the SAT scores have declined 73 points.
Sure the experts can give all kinds of hot air advice. The answers lay in the falling apart of family unit. Poor examples of both the parents, or more likely no example at all. The lack of faith in god. Time lost in front t of the television. We all have ideas of the causes. What are you going to do to improve your family relations?
The Burden of Debt is as Destructive to Freedom as Subjugation by Conquest.
In Vanity Fair, Thackeray wrote,"How well thoses live who are comfortably and thoroughly in debt: how they deny themselves nothing; how jolly and easy they are in their minds."
According to this company, the average household credit card debt is $8,000+.
Since the era of the Great Depression, all three branches of federal government use the climate of emergency to overstep their Constitutional authority. Spend, spend spend. The Founders' did not want debt to carry over to the next generation. In 1835 the debt was decreased to $33,733. In 1865 the national debt was $1,297,555,000.00. By 1885 the debt was decreased to $260,227,000.00
Do you regard thrift as a mental disorder or a virtue?
The United States Has a Manifest Destiney to be an Example and a Blessing to the Entire Human Race.
Ideas for self-improvement:
· You are your most valuable asset. Personal development is your springboard to excellence and high achievement. You need continuous growth. Do not stop growing. Do not stagnate. Work at least as hard on yourself as you do on your job.
· Become curious, interested, open, adjustable, flexible and teachable.
· If you want to be successful, study success. Become an expert. Learn proven success methods from others so that you will not have to reinvent the wheel. Attend courses and seminars given by ... others who have already achieved success.
· Associate with successful people. Learn from them. Winners encourage you to win; losers encourage you to lose.
· Increase your productivity. Do you think you could increase your productivity by as little as 2% a month? Of course you can. If you do you will experience 100% improvement in three years!”
Ned Grossman, How to Succeed in Life.
THE END FOR NOW...