Friday, September 5, 2008

First Annual Utah County Homeschool Picnic Is A Huge Success!!!

The first county wide homeschoolers picnic held at South Fork Park today was a great triumph. Just over 150 people participated.

I love South Forth because the creek whispers sweet sounds to me. The crickets sing all day. The majestic trees provide shade and peaceful areas for quite reflection.

With over 100 children running and splashing, raising the parachute, laughing, singing and having a great time. It might not have been the quiet place
I normally come to; yet it was peaceful.



I was happy to see so many mothers talking and fellowshiping. I think new friendship were made. This is what I was hoping for.









To see more pictures come here.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

This was the best! Thank you so much for putting it together. You did an amazing job. I certainly made a couple of new friends, and we've already talked since leaving there. Plus you gave other mothers great ideas. One that I made friend's with had a son who moaned all day about having to go to the picnic, and once he got there he was off and already coming up with new ideas. She didn't hear from him the whole time and could barely be pulled away at the end. She realized that she should get out more and just enjoy the nature and let the kids be creative. Also, it seemed that everyone got sufficiently tuckered from running around with new friends, and of course there was great food! It was a great success!

Do you have a list of the websites and info that was on the chalkboard? I didn't have anywhere to write it down. Thanks again!

Nickie said...

Cherie,
I am very glad that you came. It was my goal to have women get connected with other moms who are homeschooling. I think it has worked.
I'm exhausted. It was a great day.
Thank you.

Courtney said...

Wow this is very impressive. I think it's really important to have social events where kids can make new friends and parents can get some socializing in as well. :) Living Lavender Farms in Mona, UT is hosting a Fall Festival on October 25th. All the activities would be a great way to reward your children and yourself.

Nickie said...

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. I will certainly bring my kids this year. We have not yet attended since moving here in 2006. Thank you for the info.