Sunday, October 5, 2008

At Conference Time, at conference time...


If I'm not mistaken, there is a Primary song our children have sung that includes the words used in this mornings title. I appreciate conference of yesterday even more this morning. You see it goes something like this...

About 9:00pm last night, two of our three children came down with the stomach flu. Since we had only listened to conference hours earlier, I was able to be thankful and accept that I would be up during the night. I was up a few times. The real test of my faith came at 4:00am when I heard the third child "tossing her groceries" into the sink. Thank goodness her dinner was digested.

We were reminded yesterday to express greater thanks and gratitude in our prayers. At 5:00am I truly was and still am thankful for this blessing of having my children each sick at about the same time. It's wonderful because I can pretty much figure that they will recover at about the same time. I think the kids see this as individual trials at the moment, yet Eli agreed it is a blessing even if he does not like throwing up.

So I've been up and am ready and looking forward to a quite conference meeting this morning. I feel excited and willing to be corrected and edified in the process.

Oh, my other thought of thankfulness as I was running to Bethany this morning is that I was given the opportunity to serve my children and I am thankful to be doing so with a happy and grateful heart. There are times I have not felt so appreciative of an illness.

2 comments:

Christina Bartholomew said...

I hope they feel better soon!

Nickie said...

Thank goodness for 24 hours. It made all the difference.

Thank you for inquiring.