Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Treat For Mom...

This past weekend was the 3rd annual Mom's Retreat held in Park City. I discovered that this meeting fills quickly. So when I emailed the TJFA group wanting more information, it was to late to attend.

Yet another angel made contact with me! Thursday, I received an email from Yulia who tells me she has a ticket for the Mom's Retreat. Yes, I'd like to go. What I don't tell Yulia is that I've been sad all week and was hoping that if I could go it might help lift my spirits. I feel that Heavenly Father worked on my behalf through Yulia. I'm sad Yulia missed this event and I hope I can write something about the experience that can be helpful to her. (Not in this post.)

I so wish I had that new pen that records voice and what you are writing and then you can download it to your computer (what is that pen called?).

I decided to attend. Just prior to leaving, I asked Gove for a blessing as I sometimes attend events and end up feeling like I'm not doing things well enough. At this retreat, I did not feel inadequate at all. As a matter of fact, this Mom's Retreat was a spiritual blessing to me. I meet Cherly who lives up the hill from me, Elizabeth and Kim who live in Springville, and other moms in the general area. I made up my mind that I would go and talk to others about these ideas for clubs and see if anyone would be interested or thought these ideas would be of interest to children. I even took my book list that I mention in the post before this and requested people to add to the list.

I am thankful to have attended a gathering where I felt everyone was desirous to be feed by the scriptures and nourished through the Holy Ghost. And then to add fellowshipping and networking, I was up until midnight which is hard for me to do these days.

Someone had taken the time to post inspirational sayings all over the building. I woke up Saturday morning after about 5hours of sleep and decided to copy every single thought. I am going to add them to my quote section over time.

The theme was "The Power of Mother's: Finding and Fulfilling Your Mission". As soon as I saw this I knew I needed to attend. I would not say that one presenter was better then another. I was touched in my mind and heart as well as my testimony for the cause we as mothers are foreordained to accomplish.

I appreciated Diann Jeppson's stories of her progressions towards the development and preparation for the mission she feels called to serve within. She talked of nine mission mile markers. Hunger and Thirst, Awakening, Preparation, Mission Mentors, Doors, Confirmation, Becoming decisive, Lessons Learned, and Miracles. I think I will typed up my notes in a hopefully coherent manner and then I'll most a link (here) when it's ready. I feel like some of these markers she spoke of are beginning to happen to me. I don't know if I'm ready for a mentor, and confirmation concerns me. I kind of feel I just need to get to work. She said to take action and do it. Forget yourself and go to work.

I realized or had my mind open enough to understand this morning that the development of these clubs are steps in the development of myself for the missions that God has for me. And I see my greatest mission has been going on long before I came to earth. My greatest mission is motherhood and all the forms it takes. It's not just about my very own children. It's the mothering of generations. It's the inspiring and guiding and the learning that I too have to gain.
(We just got home from dinner with the Blacks. As we were leaving, I said how I look forward to heaven and being mentored by the many great women (including Susan) and men of the earth. It's exciting to me to think of learning. I'm not sure it's learning for all eternity. I wonder if we come to a point where all is known by looking into something that I read Joseph Smith describe in his teachings. I'll have to read the teachings of our other prophets to gain a better understanding and of course there is pondering and faith that go along with this.

I would like to come back to this another day. It's time for sleep...

3 comments:

Christina Bartholomew said...

I'm glad you had a refreshing time!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had an awesome time there. Wish I could have gone. I would love to get a copy of your notes when you are ready to post them.

Nickie said...

It was a wonderful, peaceful, rejuvenating time. Thanks Cristina.

Hi Anonymous, I'd love to let you know when my notes are online or you can look under my Annotations on the right hand side of this blog. I don't have them up yet. I better by tomorrow. Or else the ideas will really be gone from my leaky memory banks.