Friday, December 12, 2008

Finished... Now To Begin Again

For the first time in my life I took a final exam that was all essay. No true or false. No multiple guessing.

Twenty six hours of reviewing. Sixteen hours of writing. And I just sent the final off into cyber world. I hope it makes it's destination in one piece.

My kids of been great through all of this. Eli has just about finished all of his Saxon math but the last 8 lessons during this time as well. He too has been dedicated towards reaching his goal .

At one point I could not recall principle 12 from The Five Thousand Year Leap. I tried and nothing was there. I got down on my knees and started to pray and I just did not stop until the point came to my mind. With gratitude and many thanks I got up and added, 'The United States is to be a Republic'. A blessing from God.

I'm glad I went through this experience. I don't think it's ever going to get easier because now I expect more of myself. I am relieved to say I've given what I could give and it's now time to move on and continue to study that I might be able to tie history and books together, find understanding and with understanding, wisdom.

Merry Christmas to all. And to all a ...

Good night.

7 comments:

mindy said...

Way to go, Nickie!! Reading this made me remember (with some fondness and some relief) my days in grad school. You start to wonder how much a human brain can actually hold! You're awesome!

Christina said...

I'm glad you finished! I know it's been a real effort on your part.

JEnny said...

Good for you. Sixteen hours! Wow! We only get three, period. I'm going to do mine on Tuesday or WEdnesday.

Disinterested Benevolence said...

what Saxon math book did he finish?

Nickie said...

Thank you for the Mindy, Jenny, and Christina for your words of encouragement.

Nickie said...

D.B. It was Saxon 2 for homeschooling, it's been setting around for almost 2 years and now Eli was interested to going through the whole thing quickly. We shall see where he goes from here. I just ordered Basic Math from The Teaching Company. It's an overview but when you want to learn something it's amazing how quickly you pick up.

BTW Who are you and where are you?

Disinterested Benevolence said...

I a homeschooler from GR michigan.

Director of Distance Learning from here:
http://www.puritanseminary.org/academics/distance-learning.php