Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Britches...

We recently finished reading and rejoicing with Little Britches in the story of The Home Ranch by Ralph Moody. There are a couple lines I wanted to quote. A longer dialog with Ralph's mother is added to my quote section.

Ralph was once afraid to get back up on a horse that he was thrown from. This is what his father said and Ralph is recalling his father's advice.

"You don't have to be ashamed of that. every man who ever did a brave thing was afraid. It doesn't take courage to do the things you're not afraid of."

"...nothin' worth while gets learnt easy-"

"We done our best, and when a man's done his best he's got nothin' to bawl over if he loses."



We was wondering if any one knows what the sound of a telegraph wire on a cold night sounds like? I do not suppose there are any folks left to tell us.

After my last post entitled Urgh, maybe I'll get edumacated enough that I can start writing when I turn 50, just like Ralph Moody.

No comments: