Friday, June 19, 2009
I'm Feeling Better....
I noticed a lighter feeling in my heart and on my mind since Tuesday. I think the following items have been a great help to me:
1. A return to daily scripture study and reading. I came across a web site called Read The Scriptures (I've a link to the site at the upper right corner of this blog). Each morning I receive the next chapter in the areas I am reading. It's nice to hear as I read along.
2. I finally found a new note book for writing my thoughts and studies into. I've been using Composition books, a different one for different activities. Now I'm trying a 5 subject notebook, I plan to write every thing (church, journal, studies, conferences, book reviews, etc...) into one area.
3. I'm taking my gratitude more seriously and offering my thanks to Heavenly Father oftener throughout the days this week.
4. I was most blessed to realize the need to put aside my education for my childrens learning and I in turn will learn new things. Thus I'm reading every day with both daughters. In the past two weeks I see an increase of confidence in Mattia, and Beth is flowing through The Book of Mormon. I will be starting a club for girls, most likely a YASA Club, and I'm inviting Eli into the Statesmanship Club currently in SLC. I hope to bring other youth from the south end of the county.
5. I got back on track with my eating and exercising. No snacking so far this week and most important I'm exercising both am and pm. My energy is increasing. I whole heartedly believe that because I'm getting up in the morning to have spiritual rejuvenation, I'm being blessed to carry on through the days. With Gove gone this week I have had less sleep. So I really see this energy as a blessing.
6. I'm relaxing mentally. I don't really know how I'm doing this but I do feel more at peace and slower in my pace.
7. I now have contacts for entertainment for our Stake Picnic scheduled for the 29th of August. This has stressed me because I was to late at reserving the park and was not able to get the day the Stake wanted. But now I have learned that we are going to be out of town anyway. So I look at this as a blessing and if others are disappointed I know I can't make everyone happy, even when it's a silly picnic. I also have the date for the county wide homeschool picnic set for September 4th. And George Dyer says he will try to work with me as a possible guest opera singer.
8. I'm praying more with my girls. We pray and ask that a spirit of education will be with us as we read and learn together. It's humbling to hear your daughter exercise her faith that God with open her mind to his teaching and the development of keys to open the doors of her mind.
9. I'm praying for an added measure of peace. It doesn't always work. But I'm not giving up yet. I came across a verse in Romans that Paul gave. he said we need to give thanks in our tribulations and grow in patience so that we can grow in experience and then in hope and I would add faith as well. Our trials are given to bless us not to destroy us. Patience, Experience, Hope and Faith...
10. Lastly I'm striving to love and not judge others. I was not created to pass judgment over peoples level of commitment to Christ. We all go through times when we are less receptive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I am a fine example of what happens when one slips and when one gets up, repents, and tries again.
I think this covers things for me right now. I'm such an up and down person. I guess I need to work with this trait instead of fighting against it.