Friday, August 14, 2009

Honey...It's What's For Breakfast...

That's right. It's time for extortion of the bee hives. I guess extortion isn't the right word because I'm not threatening, I'm simply taking without asking. Well, they do owe me for all those bee stings.

I think we are close to harvesting at the minimum 60 pounds of honey. I'll let you know next week. In the mean time here is a picture of Beth with some honeycomb that we removed.

What does the honey taste like? Two weeks ago it had the flavor of mint and what I thought was elderberry. Interesting.

The honeycomb was a refreshing change from gum.

This will be our first attempt at extracting. I have no idea what we are in for but they say you don't want any bees coming into the house with you...bees love honey. Oh boy.

No comments: