Friday, November 20, 2009

This Week In Review...

We held GRAPES on Tuesday. Did a quick review of Habit 1 and made banners that will have 7 different colored ribbons to represent the 7 habits. A younger child can wear it like his inner circle that surrounds him or they can hang it on the wall once we finish. Then I introduces Habit 2, Begin with the end in mind. We talked about Alma the younger, we established a mission statement. Here it is:
"To nurture a love of learning,
strengthen relationships,
build positive community, and
prepare for personal missions."

Not bad for our first try.

On Wednesday the 18th, I took the kids to the State Capital. I wanted to have Eli assist with a flag ceremony at a rally for Cherilyn Eagar who wants to run against Bennett for the Senate race in 2010. I've never been to such an event. The Capital is lovely. The kids liked the experience as well. Except it was too long. Eli called the Scouts (our friends from GRAPES) forward with the flags and lead in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Joe the Plumber guy from Ohio is it? Came to be a support for Eagar. He seemed kind of interesting actually.

Yesterday, all three kids passed their karate test and earned their yellow belt. Each was responsible to buy a belt if they so wanted. This concluded our first semester with Keystone. We will have to decided what to do for January.


Today Eli and Gove left for an over night scout camp out somewhere west of here.

3 comments:

Momtothreebabies said...

Hello! Im working on a book about LDS homeschooling....
Im looking for submissions from families, something
along the lines of a day in the life of, or why we
homeschool, or any resources that you like.
I am hoping to have the book finished and published by early
spring. There will be a small ( very small, publishing the
book myself, hehe) monetary payment if your submission
is chosen to be in the book. ;) let me know what you
think! jaelle kaylor
ldshomeschoolbook@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Nickie said...

Anonymous,
Are you for real? You think it's better now? I have not been writing for months. Why do you say you think it's better then earlier post? Help me to understand. So maybe I should keep trying? How to fit everything in...it's the story of my ho hum life. I'm not saying ho hum is bad. I love my existence.