Saturday, January 16, 2010

By The Way, Welcome 2010

So far so good.

Bethany took third place at the local geography bee for homeschoolers. I could not believe the great guess she made and it was right.

The question was, "The St. Croix River is the border between Canada and what New England state?" Gove and I looked at each other and thought the question was wrong. the St. Croix borders between Minnesota and Wisconsin. Everyone one knows that. Right? Wrong. We did not know that the St. Croix is also the border between Maine and Canada. But that little Bethany pulled it out of her hat. Talk about snagging third. Wow. Way to go Beth. I'll add a picture when she gets her trophy.



Mattia is starting speech next week and will be using a new device called the Palatometer.
I was fasting the first of this month for guidance regarding the kids education, when I spoke with a friend I'd not seen for awhile. She mentioned her son. I knew he suffered with reading and speech. Rebecca told me about testing for dyslexia and speech. This palatometer seems like the way to connect students more fully or rather completely to the movement of their tongues.

Tia is excited to begin as well. Clear speech here we come! Let's not forget Eliza Doolittle hard work too.

Elijah is getting ready for the Freedom Bowl the end of this month. He also participated in the bee and had some major hard questions that even I did not know. He did answer one about men in this large Asian county wear a particular type of clothing. It was India and he was correct. Good for him. He will be very busy preparing to act in mock trials in March with his statesmanship team.

5 comments:

Cherie said...

It's wonderful to hear (well, read), about what your kids are up to!! There are some truly wonderful things available to you in Utah, and I just love seeing what they are. Your kids are lucky to have a mom that can take them to and support them in such awesome events too! I'm so glad I know you guys! You always have and will be an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.