Friday, May 10, 2013

Word of the day...

Yesterday, at about 3 o'clock, I had a sudden need to leave the home and go to the temple. So I listened. Changed my clothes. And went. I took refuge within the walls of initiatory. As I waited my turn to serve, I decided to read D&C section 88. I didn't get to far before my name was called but I did get far enough to wonder about the joy I am experiencing in my life. I am referring to verse 32. I felt this important for me to remember so I asked for paper and pencil...and it was given to me. :)

Here is the quote:  "...they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received."

Willing is the word of the day for me here in this verse.

Am I willing to receive? I'm pretty confident that I have pushed the possibility of greater happiness away from me at times. What am I willing to receive? Am I
willing to receive something better? Does better come with more responsibility? Or does it come with more willingness to surrender my will to God? "For what does it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift."

Food for thought...not weight gain...unless it's brain gain.

No comments: