Saturday, November 16, 2013

Here is the summary of chapter 1 for Nonviolent Communication

"NVC (nonviolent communication)helps us connect with each other and ourselves in a way that allows our natural compassion to flourish. It guides us to reframe the way we express ourselves and listen t others by focusing our consciousness on four area: what we are observing, feeling, and needing, and what we are requesting to enrich our lives. NVC fosters deep listening, respect, and empathy and engenders a mutual desire to give from the heart. Some people use NVC to respond compassionately to themselves, some to create greater depth in their personal relationships at work or in the political arena. Worldwide, NVC is used to mediate disputes and conflicts at all levels." pg. 12

-This sounds like what I long for with regards to my fears of speaking what I need or the support I need to feel. Oh, I really hope I can get 10 people to attend this class.

No comments: