Friday, September 19, 2014

What will this say?

 A line from day 18 of A Year of Miracles says, "...I pray that when I am tempted to speak or act without charity, that God's spirit will correct my thoughts..."

Charity has several qualities. It suffereth long, it's kind, envieth not, not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity but rejoices in truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, and endureth all things. Yet I came to see this morning as I read these words in Moroni chapter 7 that charity has other qualities not listed in scripture but are listed in my mind. Such as the fact that charity sets boundaries, or that charity doesn't let the person who is still sick to take advantage knowingly, charity may be hurt and feel several emotions but charity has learned to name those emotions give truth to the feelings and then speaks with love.
Charity is indeed the pure love of Christ. All others things will fail in time except one and that is charity. And that is LOVE. This love is the only thing that will endure forever. 
Therefore I will continue to pray with greater willingness that I might be filled with LOVE. 

Christ did not receive a fullness of his Father all at once. He did finish receiving that fullness at his baptism so I am reminded that as I ask and act on charity which is love of Christ I will progress in the fullness a little at a time until I am full of the love of Christ completely. I guess it's going to take longer than my earthly journey time. 


Charity works,
And it's the only thing that does.

Love works, 
And it's the only thing that does.

A wonderful talk on charity and love was given by Elder Holland on the 15th of February 2000 entitles How Do I Love Thee.  I have used his ideas on many occasions to help combat the black dog.

Speaking of black dog. I was not aware of any threats yesterday. 

Speaking of threats, I am listening to a research book on the power of the female brain and how our brains need to be taken care of differently than a male's brain. I think it's going to be very interesting and useful.

I find myself wondering about my future education. I find that I am feeling easier going over these pass 3 weeks that I have been attending the mindfulness course and doing the meditations daily. I find the muscle testing and change or resting of pained muscles in my back interesting and yet I am cautious too but thinking about how I may help in the future and what Father will have me do that may be an alternative in the world of medicine. 

No comments: